Terry Nimmon was born in Edmonton Alberta and had an early interest in art. At the age of nine he attended the Edmonton Art School and art has always remained his passion.
Upon retirement, his attention returned once again to art. He has studied with local and international artists, but is primarily self-taught. Terry became a member of the Federation of Canadian Artists in September, 2004 and remains an active member.
Terry's art includes scenes of Gabriola Island, Nanaimo and the beautiful Southern Arizona desert. His work is gentle, passionate and ever evolving.
- Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA) - Nanaimo Chapter and Arrowsmith Chapter
- Tucson Pastel Society
- 2005 Nanaimo Arts Council Winter Showcase First Prize for Watercolour "Westwood Lake"
- 2005 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Fall Showcase Chapter's Choice for Watercolour "Pilot Bay"
- 2007 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Show Award of Excellence for "A Pipers Lagoon Winter"
- 2007 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Fall Showcase Juror's Choice for Watercolour "Spring Burst"
- 2009 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Fall Show Honourable Mention for Watercolour "Benny"
- 2012 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Spring Show Award of Excellence for Pastel "Coates Marsh"
- 2012 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Fall Show Award of Excellence for Pastel "In the Woods"
- 2014 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Coastal Expressions Award of Excellence for Pastel "Catalina Brook 2"
- 2015 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Spring Show Honourable Mention for Pastel "Spring Gabriola Golf Course"
- 2015 FCA Arrowsmith Chapter Summer Show 2015 Second Place Prize for Summer Meadow #1"
- 2016 FCA Vancouver Plein Air Exhibition Third Place Prize for "707 Park #4"
- 2017 FCA Nanaimo Chapter Nanaimo Fine Art Show First Place for "707 Park Meadow"